August 7 –
Online registration for the Bluenose Rally is now available here! Please complete the form, submit your entry fee of $25.00 to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll see you in Windsor on Aug. 14! Check the Supplementary Regulations for more info.
August 6 –
Online registration for the Trails of Kings Tarmac Rally is now available here. Please complete the form, submit your entry fee to email@example.com and you’ll be provided a start number (see Aug. 1 News entry below)!
August 1 –
Registration for the Trails of Kings Tarmac Rally (Aug. 27) is now open! Register via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; you’ll be given a start number with details on how to register through the Richta Competitor app. The Supplementary Regulations also have further information.
July 27 –
The Supplementary Regulations for the Trails of Kings Tarmac Rally (Aug. 27) are now available here.
July 18 –
The Supplementary Regulations for the Bluenose Rally (Aug. 14) are now available here.
July 4 –
Our first summer rallycross of 2022 is in the books! Beautiful weather, great competition – it was a fitting kick-off to the season.
You can view the results here!
June 25 –
Our Navigational Rally schedule is now complete!
While dates can still change for any number of reasons, we’re happy to provide the following dates for NAVEX rallies this year:
- August 14 – Bluenose Rally
- August 27 – Trails of Kings Tarmac Rally
- October 8 – New Scotland Road Rally
- October 22 – Eastern Shore NAVEX
More information, as it becomes available, can be found on our Navigational Rally page.
June 15 –
We’ve had our first performance/stage rally of the season, and it was a complete success.
Five teams arrived at the start of the Ledwidge Lookoff Rally Sprint at the Noel Legion for a day of intense but friendly competition in the woods south of Tennycape. Unfortunately, Cal and Meg had to retire with transmission problems after the morning loop. After the dust settled after the final stages, the results were:
- Conrad/Dine (Subaru Impreza)
- Vandaalen/Fennel (Subaru Impreza) +32 seconds
- Pearce/Sleigh (Subaru Impreza) +1.09
- de Stecher/Deveau (Subaru Impreza) +3.19
We’re looking forward to the Trout Lake Rally on September 17/18. We hope you can join us in West Dalhousie and we’re always looking for volunteers!
April 20 –
BAC is moving to Speedwaiver for all events!
If you have attended a BAC event, you will know that when you arrive you are required to sign a waiver. This is a requirement of our insurance provider. They are now requiring that we replace signing a paper waiver with registering on Speedwaiver.
What does this mean to you? You will need access to the internet and a mobile phone.
- Start by scanning the QR code below or by pointing you browser to https://bluenoseasc.speedwaiver.com and click on the text in the white rectangle.
- Complete the form by entering your first and last name and mobile phone number.
- Click ‘Send waiver links’.
- You will receive a text message (SMS) with a link. Click on the link and follow the instructions.
- You will guided through the process of taking a picture of yourself and signing the waiver.
- When completed, you can download a copy of the signed waiver and/or take a screenshot of the photo and signature portion of the signed waiver. You should also save the URL so that you can access your signed waiver any time later.
- At the BAC event, show the signature and photo portion of the waiver to receive a wristband and join the event.
The system has been set up so that the waiver valid for all BAC events in the next 12 months. You only need this once in that period.
If you have any problems, let us know. We plan to be set up to help people complete this process at events but things will run smoother if everyone can do it ahead of time.
March 30 – Here is the Announcement from CARS regarding the use of Speedwaiver. We had some lively discussion at our monthly meeting last evening regarding this development, and how the BAC will administer it going forward. There were a number of good suggestions. There is still some research to do and questions to ask, but we have a very knowledgeable member leading the charge and we’ll have a solid procedural direction very shortly.
Head over to speedwaiver.com for a how-to video and more information. Again – the more we know, the easier it will be for everyone.
March 23 – You may have noticed some chatter around the ARMS clubs about our insurance provider (Stoneridge) moving away from paper waivers to an electronic, administered-through-your-smartphone solution. Needless to say, there has been lots of discussion on this subject over the past week or so and while it may be inconvenient in a number of aspects, we all agree it’s a done-deal and we need to adhere to the policy in order to keep our insurance intact.
There will be much more to follow on this subject but for now: we have enlisted one of our members to administer this program and there will be much more information coming down the pipe before our first event, which is the Lost in Lunenburg Rally on April 23. Stay tuned to this website for more news.
Meanwhile, check out speedwaiver.com for information on how the whole thing is supposed to work. The more knowledgeable we all are about this system, the easier it will be for all of us going forward.